Saturday, February 25, 2012

You're what and where?

5 or 6 years ago, sitting in my dorm room at Biola I'm not sure I would have or could have envisioned my life today...


It's Saturday afternoon. My husband is gone for over a week training for a HazMat National Emergency if one should ever take place.
A fun, funny, crazy, lovable 20 month old Silas is running around in circles with his juice cup, playing with trucks and reading his truck books. And a cute, cuddly, chubby 1 month old Isaac is sleeping the afternoon away on the couch.

I've been up since 5:30am (yes, even on Saturday). It's 2pm and I just got my shower. But I've already done 2 loads of laundry and folded/put away 3 more. Not to mention a load of diapers as well. Run the dishwasher, cleaned floors and bathrooms. Got out to the farmers market for bread with both boys, coffee and the bank.

Breakfast consisted of fresh french bread, cheese & fruit with Silas! Reminiscent of my days in Italy. Then we snacked on green smoothies together.



I'm a military wife, a crunchy, baby wearin' cloth diapering mama.
I wonder what 19 year old me would have thought? What would I have told myself?
Did I ever think I'd be an ARMY wife? Whose sent my husband off to war? Did I ever think I'd be a "crunchy/granola" mama? Did that word even exist when I was in college?

Amazing what 5 years will bring you to and through...


And I love most every minuet. And wouldn't change the sleepless nights, barf and tantrums, kisses, snuggles, smiles and firsts for anything!!!

No comments: