Thursday, November 24, 2011

Mom's Egg Dish

This is my Mom's Holiday Egg Dish/Potluck recipe! I can never find it when I need it!!! So on the blog it goes =)


Green Chile Cheese Quiche
10 eggs (sometimes I use 12 eggs)
1 pint cottage cheese
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
10 driops Tabasco Sauce (optional)
1/2 cup flour
 1 lb. grated Jack cheese
1, 7 oz. can diced green chiles
1/2 cup butter (melted)
Method:  In blender, whirl first 6 ingredients (I use a hand mixer).  Pour into large bowl.  Add last 3 ingredients to bowl and mix well.  Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
Bake 15 min. at 400 degrees.  Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 25-30 minutes longer.
Test:  Knife should come out clean when inserted in center.
Variations:  (Skip Tabasco Sauce and diced chilis.)
1.  Crumble bacon, diced onions, and top with cheddar cheese
2.  Sliced pork sausage, sliced mushrooms, onions, and green pepper (pan-fried)

1 comment:

cathie said...

Wow! super good dish, my family loved it, I substituted Lousianna Red sauce and it worked fine.