Saturday, May 22, 2010

Got to hear from Brent this morning. He sounds like he is doing really well! He said they have been traveling a lot but still not to their final destination. He said their accommodations have been much better then here in the sates. It would be great to have everyone keep praying that their final d is the same way. Decent living space and better food. He was excited that the chow hall they have at the current location even has a 31 Flavors/ Baskin Robins.

Another praise is that Brent and his friend Pena got a cell phone. It was less expensive to get the cell with prepaid min then use the pay phone with prepaid min! He said that he also was excited to do this because then I can call him on it and he will be able to hear first hand about me going into labor and about Silas's birth! So exciting! When I texted Sabrina about this, I realized my last text to her had been that I felt so bad that Brent had been nervous every day about wondering how I was doing or if I had Silas yet or not. I told her I wished there was a way to let him know easier. When I wrote that, I also had been reading Psalm 5, and sent the chapter to Brent in an email saying the Lord laid this verse on my heart and I thought it could encourage him... but I think maybe it was really for me =) The first few verses hit me this morning... "Give ear to my words O Lord, consider my sighing. Listen to my cry for help, My King and My God, for to you I pray... In the Morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation...." My request wasn't a big one. It seemed small, insignificant and unobtainable... But to God, nothing is! You always here people say, wow, I was so amazed that God took something so little and made it happen. And really, for me, this is one of those things. How great a God it is that we serve, that he would listen to such a simple request and grant it.

I'm hoping Silas was just holding out for this very fact. Told him he should come now cause his dad will get to hear his good news, and hopfully get to talk to him right away now =)


Psalm 5

1 Give ear to my words, O LORD,
consider my sighing.

2 Listen to my cry for help,
my King and my God,
for to you I pray.

3 In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation.

4 You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil;
with you the wicked cannot dwell.

5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence;
you hate all who do wrong.

6 You destroy those who tell lies;
bloodthirsty and deceitful men
the LORD abhors.

7 But I, by your great mercy,
will come into your house;
in reverence will I bow down
toward your holy temple.

8 Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness
because of my enemies—
make straight your way before me.

9 Not a word from their mouth can be trusted;
their heart is filled with destruction.
Their throat is an open grave;
with their tongue they speak deceit.

10 Declare them guilty, O God!
Let their intrigues be their downfall.
Banish them for their many sins,
for they have rebelled against you.

11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

12 For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield.


No comments: