Sunday, April 11, 2010

These Are the Days...

Sometime you have bad days, then there are good days, and then there are the days that blow you away because they are so amazing. Do you know what I'm talking about? The days your really grasp the beauty of life, you feel alive, passionate, and stand amazed at the grace of you Savior? Today was one of those days, and I wish it could have lingered forever.

It started like any other Sunday. I was excited to go to Church. To see friends, share prayer requests & life with our young marrieds class, yes---even the donuts! Excited for Elevation, rocking worship, hearing Eric Wakeling preach. Sunday afternoon with my family. A beautiful day. But as I walked in to Church today, I didn't realize how amazing it was going to be.

Sunday School class was great. Love sharing life with thees couples! Walked into Elevation for second service and was just so excited to be surrounded by friends, and have Chelsea there too! Eric's message was great. Really enjoyed the reminder of Revelation 2, and John's letter to the Church in Ephesus. It was a great reminder that we CAN'T leave behind our first love in Christ to "do do do". So convicting!One of the songs we ended with was Fee Band's "Beautiful the Blood". We haven't sung this song in a really long time. There was something about seeing the band so passionately play this song, coupled with the words that moved me beyond words.

Sunday, by far, has become my favorite day of the week. But today topped my week. It made me think, thees are the days... I want to remember today when one of those "bad" ones creeps up. I want to remember the feelings of being moved by the Holy Spirit like that. I'm so thankful for thees days that my Savior gives me. Even in the midst of hard times, like when your husband is forever many miles away, and you waddle around feeling fat and crappy, thees are the days.
Because my Savior loves me.
Because my Savior died for me.
Because He longs for me to make Him my priority. He longs for me to give Him my life, my soul, my everything.
And I long to give Him all I have, and all I am.
Praise God for continuing to romance me back to Him and remind me of His great sacrifice.



Beautiful the Blood
-Fee

I never knew death could be so sweet
I never knew surrender could feel so free
I never seen such meekness in majesty
That the blood of Jesus was bled for me

And now I sing freedom for all my days
It's only by the power of the cross I'm raised
The King of Glory rescued me

How beautiful the blood flow
How merciful the love show
The King of glory poured out
Victorious are we now

Never knew through these nails would love unfold
And never knew these wounds would heal my soul
I've never seen such beauty and sorrow meet
The blood of Jesus was bled for me

And now I sing freedom for all my days
It's only by the power of the cross I'm raised
The King of Glory rescued me

Now I'll sing freedom for all my days
It's only by the power of the cross I'm raised
The King of Glory rescued me

How beautiful you are
How merciful you are
How glorious you are
Christ the Savior

How beautiful you are
How merciful you are
How glorious you are
Christ the Savior

No comments: